Saturday, September 09, 2006

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

I turn 53 years old today at 12:30 pm Eastern time. Sometimes my body feels 73 but my spirit still feels 33. I find it interesting that this year I turn 53 and I was born in 1953.

I have had another blog for about six months but I rarely have opened my heart there. That's why I begin this new one today. I need a place to think aloud, to share what God is teaching me, and to get some input from others who might stumble upon this place.

There seems to be so much more to do. How is it that I have lived so long and still feel like I am learning so much? I thank God for that. The thought of coming to an end of growing and learning is frightening! The Lord continues to give me a vision for his church. He continues to call me to serve and lead his people. He still challenges me to think in new ways.

This new blog will be much more serious than the other one. If you are reading this I invite you to come back often and share your thoughts. I have come to realize that I knew a lot more when I was in seminary because that's when I knew everything; now I have so much more to learn!

I am comforted to know that my days are in God's hands and he will allow me to finish all the work he has prepared for me to do. May he grant me a filling of his Spirit to press on and make every day count!

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger OG said...

Everybody seems to have a second blog - maybe it's time for me to start a third.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger OG said...

Me too!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Smoking Christian said...

"But I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now."

(These words from this old song run through my head every morning now. Yes, it's like a skip on a broken record-over and over again. What more can I say?)

PS: I will save all of my sarcasm and various forms of "wit" for the other venues already provided for in our "Quadblog" system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home