Sunday, June 17, 2007

WATCH THIS SITE!


Hi You Guys!

I will officially return to the blogosphere tomorrow sometime. It’s been an amazing three weeks!

Thanks for all your expressions of concern for my health. This was quite a virus I had. It actually came back and put me back in bed for one full day but it seems to be completely gone now. In fact, for those of you who are keeping track, I have a new preaching streak that has climbed all the way back up to three weeks!

I dropped Dad and Mom off at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport here in Grand Rapids on Thursday afternoon. The night before, my lovely wife was on a ladder hanging ferns on the front porch. She took a misstep and fell with all her weight (which isn’t much!) on her left foot. She was in a great deal of pain but being an ex-jock I told her she had to wait to get it X-rayed until the swelling went down. (I really didn’t think anything was broken.) After dropping my folks at the airport I had an appointment and when I got home my lovely wife was in a great deal of pain so off to the ER we went. She actually broke the fifth metatarsal which has severely limited her activity which translates into, “Who’s doing the cooking around here?” I’m a mere shadow of my former self!

We finished our study of Ephesians at Shiloh this morning. Thirty three sermons. This was a powerful study for me. I almost feel like we should start all over again because I learned so much preaching through it! I preached Ephesians at my last church in 1991 so this was my second time through and I am constantly amazed at how the word of God is living and sharper than any two-edged sword. Just the last several sermons through the armor of God have been a real eye-opener for me!

With Dad and Mom gone I will have more discretionary time to participate in blogging and commenting on your brilliant work. I’ve missed you all and I’m sure I’ll never catch up with everything that’s been written so I won’t even try.

I have to run. My lovely wife wants me to get Blue and Craver out of the kitchen. Blue is still holding his breath even though I promise to return tomorrow. Craver has the leftover bratwurst I grilled in one hand and the mustard in the other. Craver, isn’t there a Portillo’s real near your house? Get thee there!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, GUYS!

Dave

5 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Scribe said...

Happy father's Day to you too, Dave! And man am I glad your back!!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Dave,
Glad you are back. When I have to prepare my own food, I concentrate on grapnut flakes ceral and raw peanuts. The family restaurant helps as well....

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

May the Lord bring relief to your lovely wife's foot.

Welcome back!

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
It sure was quiet without ya!
Glad you're back to health...

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

Heyyyy Dave... Glad you're back. Um, the grilled brat was um, well, Scripture says, Do not muzzle the ox while he is threshing, and aah, well, we were just about to start praying...

(awkward silence)

Cup of coffee or maybe an omelette for you and Mrs. Moorhead? 'Kay then, I'll be back to check on you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home