Tuesday, September 19, 2006

WELCOME A GUEST POET


I find myself wanting to fold up
The special moments and
Keep them safe inside a little box
So I can always go back and
Remember what the Lord did.

I am small-minded and
I forget how big God is and
How big he was when he showed me
The truths that changed my life.

So then I think I need
A magnifying glass
To find the treasures
Inside my little box;
To keep safe the “God moments” and
Learn to look and look again
When God seems small.

(I often wondered if you
Might actually be an angel because of the
Way God blesses people through you.)

Remain tender to God and
You will see amazing things.
Let the pains of earth
Make you rest in Christ.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

I once heard a sermon on the OT use of standing stones for remembrance. There is definitely a focus in Scripture on remembering what God has done in our lives. I like your idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home