Wednesday, January 17, 2007

AN INTRODUCTION TO A GOOD THINKER/WRITER

I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine who is doing some excellent thinking and writing on the condition of the established evangelical church in the United States. He is a layman who has served as an elder in his church and his comments are very valuable to me as a pastor. I can't tell you how important it is for a pastor to hear the words of a thoughtful layperson who is entirely committed to Christ and to good theology and practice. So I invite you to visit Doulos Christou at No Pearls Before Swine. He has just finished the third installment of his current topic, Exalting God and His Word above All Things. I encourage you to go back to his post on December 31 and read all three installments. I think he deserves a wider readership and I know he would be encouraged to hear your thoughts and comments as well. I admire him for staying in the establishment and fighting the good fight from within while so many of us have left to start new works.

Thanks for your time! You guys are great!

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shiloh,

Thanks for the encouragement! I could use some these days. :)

I'll be back up over the weekend, and look forward to continuing the discussion... and welcome to anyone who wants to come along.

Doulos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home