Wednesday, February 06, 2008

BACK FROM INDIA


I'm trying to decide if I am really going to get back to this blog. I've been back from India for a week now. Last night was the first that I slept through the night without waking up several times and wondering where I was! Three weeks and ten and a half time zones always work tricks in my head!


We had an excellent ministry time. Five days of speaking at a collegiate youth conference in Repalle, Andhra Pradesh. Three days of evangelistic preaching in a village called Kishkindapalem. The Lord called many, many people into the Kingdom. We baptized over 75 students in the Krishna River. Hundreds responded to the call to follow Christ in Kishkindapalem.


Visited many village churches and encouraged the brothers and sisters there. Preached at New Year celebrations and harvest feasts in village churches. It was just a great trip.


God granted me good health the entire time I was in India. I'm always grateful for that huge blessing!


I'll try to put up some of the little journal entries I wrote while I was there. You know, kind of work my way back into it slowly!


Thanks for stopping by.

6 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger mark pierson said...

Welcome back!!!

Great to hear all that God is doing over there in India. I was there myself in 1984 for 2 weeks. It was centered in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger jazzycat said...

Dave,
Good to see you blogging again.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Welcome Back! I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

Cristina

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Doulos Christou said...

Shiloh!!!!

Welcome back - good to hear a little about the trip... I'm looking forward to hearing more! (Nice footware in the pic, too!) :)

I'm due on a post update as well - looking forward to catching up soon.

Doulos

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Scribe said...

Welcome back Dave...we missed ya!!!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

It is good news that you are writing again. I'm looking forward to hearing how God is working in India as well as details of your travels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home