Monday, March 09, 2009

TOMORROW'S THE DAY!


Today was the day of preparation. Last night I mixed up the disgusting concoction that I had to drink today in order to be nice and clean for my surgery tomorrow. Nothing to eat after midnight last night. I started drinking the Drano around 10:00 this morning and finally finished the whole gallon around 1:00. I was really proud of myself. The rest of the day I spent eating Jello and drinking apple and grape juice. It’s almost 9:00 at night now and I’m hungry!


My family has tried hard to not eat in front of me all day. But when dinner time came around and the pork roast came out of the oven I could smell it from anywhere in the house! So I gave up and went and got some Jello and sat down with them.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 Tuesday morning. The surgery is scheduled for 7:30. The plan is to take out 8-12 inches of colon and the adjacent lymph nodes. The doctors are completely confident that they detected the cancer at its earliest stage so there is no plan for any further treatment. I’ve been told to come back for another colonoscopy in a year.

I’m doing pretty well, I think. So many people are praying for me that I sense a great deal of spiritual support. It’s interesting that the Lord scheduled this surgery right when so many things are really popping at New Hope Church. I have a sneaking suspicion that He wants to show me very clearly that He is the one who is doing things here and that I am completely disposable! It’s a good lesson for me to learn!

I’ll be gone from the blogging world for a few days. I’ll be falling behind on my reading for a little while. But Lord willing I’ll be back in less than a week. I will appreciate your prayers for myself and for my dear wife over the next several days. I’ll let you know how it went as soon as I possibly can!

Give all glory to God. It’s all about Him!

2 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

We are praying for Mia, the children and you. And for today, I'm adding the doctors. I look forward to hearing that it is all over and that you are doing great.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Thanks Brenda! It's 5:00 in the morning here and we're just off to the hospital. Thanks to all of you who will be leaving comments and wishes here today. Thanks for your love and prayers. I'll be back as soon as I can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home