Sunday, March 15, 2009

ANSWERED PRAYER

Praise the Lord! Here I sit in my study in my house in lovely suburban Shafter at 12:25 am Sunday typing my little heart out! The doctor came into the hospital this afternoon right after church (he's 7th Day Adventist) and asked me all the appropriate questions to which I apparently offered all the appropriate answers regarding passing things and appetites and he asked me if I wanted to go home. YES! And thank the Lord for a great blessing!

After all the paperwork was completed and the last needle was removed from my hand I was finally wheeled out of San Joaquin Hospital at about 4:30pm Saturday evening. I was there for just over four days after surgery. I was really hungry for actual food. And God answered my prayer!

I think people have to go five years with no sign of cancer to be called a cancer survivor. I guess that is just something I can begin to aspire to. It seems so far away. I'll be 60 in five years! So for now I'll just keep doing what the doctors say and keep listening to what God wants me to do. I'm so excited about New Hope Church here in lovely agricultural Shafter that I hope the Lord gives me far more than five years to serve here! I'll be keeping you up to date on the goings on. (I was thinking about putting one of those countdown clocks in the blog margin, measuring the days I have left until I'm a cancer survivor, but I realize that becoming a cancer survivor is something I might be more concerned with than God might be!)

Let me just rejoice in the Lord tonight for his answered prayer. May he see fit to use me as long as I am useful. And may he make me a loving, sensitive husband because I tend to think that should be the first thing I need to do! Thanks for your love and prayers!

5 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Doulos Christou said...

David,

GREAT NEWS! I hope you continue to do well. Glad you're going home. Should I send some Chicago-style pizza? :)

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Doulos Dude,

IF you could send some Chicago-style deep dish pizza I don't know how I could ever repay you! Pepperoni with extra cheese! I saw a thing on the Food Channel recently and they were in one of my favorite downtown pizzerias eating deep dish and I wondered to myself, "Will I ever taste that again?" I never thought of asking my Chicagoland folks to have mercy on me! I could send you some authentic Mexican food!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a cancer survivor the second there is no more cancer in your body. Amy will reach her five year survival date this July!

Heal quickly! I want to hear great news from Shaftner, CA for many years to come.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Sean,

Thanks! And we are praising the Lord with you and Amy that she is about to see that five-year countdown clock reach zero! I miss you guys and hope we can be together SOMEWHERE at SOMETIME before too long!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Craver Vii said...

I'm praising God for you and praying for you today.

By the way, I finally added you to my sidebar. I had to dig through messages for it, and I don't want anybody else to miss it for lack of availability. Hello from Cathy Askeland. She's playing French horn on Sunday. Shalom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home