Friday, March 13, 2009

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Thanks for your prayers.  I'm still in the hospital.  But there has been a lot of excitement.  For example, I started burping yesterday.  Then I started passing gas around 2:00 in the morning.  This morning the thrill kind of spread around the whole floor when news leaked that I had actually succeeded in moving my bowels!  But it's Friday morning and I know I won't be getting out of here today.

The surgeon stopped by to see me.  The pathology came through.  The cancer is an invasive cancer.  However, the really good news is that there is no sign that it spread outside of the polyp in which they found it.  The doc does not expect any treatment until my next check up.

I just had my first food by mouth since Sunday night.  Chicken broth.  Coffee.  Grape juice.  Yep.  Spread the good news!

Here's the sad part.  The basketball game yesterday between Syracuse and UConn just kept going on and on and on and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't end!  They seemed to be showing the same five minutes over and over again!  When the drugs wore off about 2:00 this morning and I realized the game went into six overtimes I was really ticked off!

Thanks for your prayers.  If you call my cell phone, Mia or I will get it.  Love you all!

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Doulos Christou said...

I'm praying for you David (and I'm likely right behind you - pardon the pun - in the medical testing process. :)

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Dave.

Though at your age, a bm is likely a cheerful event on any given day!

Did they video the fantastic voyage? I'd love to see it.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

You guys are both great and encouraging brothers. With me as your mutual friend you will have to meet one another sometime. That is a treat you both have to look forward to. And trust me, you'll love each other from the beginning! Thanks for your prayers and your love. I've learned something very important, that all those people in my past who said I was full of it, they were right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home